Thank you for your interest in the study of injury prevention. BCIRPU provides training and mentorship for students, trainees, health care professionals, researchers, policy makers, and injury prevention practitioners.
If the funding opportunities listed below do not apply to you, please send us an email with a cover letter, your current CV, and your project idea to email@example.com. We are pleased to work with you to ensure the type of training/professional development experience that you are seeking—whether that is to join an established project, or support for your own project.
- BCIRPU Injury Research Summer Internship: This opportunity is ideal for undergraduate students who are interested in injury prevention. Students will have the opportunity to work with leading experts in the field and gain valuable experience in injury prevention. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute Summer Student Research Program: This program has two components: An individual research project and a research education program. The program is held in June-July and is based at the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute (BCCHR) in Vancouver, BC. Learn more on the BCCHR website.
- UBC Faculty of Medicine Flexible and Enhanced Learning (FLEX) Program: FLEX is a series of three courses occurring in Years 1, 2, and 4 of the renewed UBC medical undergraduate program. This is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate medical students to pursue a variety of scholarly activities. Learn more on the UBC Faculty of Medicine website.
Interested individuals are welcome to suggest their own research topics, or you can send your expression of interest in one of the following current projects as part of your application.
- Creating child-sized injury prevention knowledge translation materials
- Cannabis and injury
- Trampoline park injuries
- Injury surveillance data anlyses
- Female firefighter injury survey
- Economic and social costs of injury
- Injury research reviews and synthesis
- Injury research recruitment and baseline data gathering
- Youth athlete concussion study: SHred Concussion Study
Please note that we receive numerous outstanding applications each year, and unfortunately are not able to accept all requests.